Sticking to a strict budget :p


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 14th 2010
Published: June 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Got up at about half 9 so we could indulge again in the free cereal and toast breakfast. Decided to look around Chinatown today so off we went to the MRT (via the very cheap fruit stall; cut pineapple and a big slice of melon for about 75p!). It had the cheek to be a little windy and spitting with rain.

When we got off the MRT we soon realised that this was a very clean, pre-designed version of all the other Chinatowns we've seen. It was full of tourist gift shops and restaurants and middle aged westerners. After a few hours walking around the shops and malls (the sun was now out and it was scorchio) we decided to get back on the MRT and shoot over to Little India, this however turned out to be pretty pants and all we really saw was a Bollywood Cinema and a plush businessman shopping mall.

On returning to the GH we decided to go back to KL for 2 nights instead of just 1 before moving on again. Means we can get our washing done, update photos on here hopefully and well we love KL! Online it said that our new favourite KL GH had no double or twins available tomorrow but Rob gave them a ring and they said we could have a triple for the price of a double (the guy who works there is really helpful and his English is top notch).

We are happy to report that we managed to stick to our budget in Singapore of 15GBP a day (inc. accom) though this may be because we haven't done anything! :p Ate at cheapy place for 3rd night running and got the most yummy meals 😊 I had rice, green veg and fish in breadcrumbs and Rob had the same but with pork sweet and sour and crab salad on top. Stopped off for fruit on the way back and felt well and truly stuffed!! Both of us have lost weight (I've lost about a stone and Robby has lost a whopping 2 1/2 stone!!) but we're sure it'll not take long for our families to feed us up 😉

Back on the hostel we went on the free internet for a while and talked to the couple in our dorm, Tanya and John who were mighty upset that the STA bloke that had organised their trip had failed to inform them that they needed to pay another 1300GBP each for their African trip to put towards a 'kitty'!! We sat till after 2am up talking about life back home, jobs and our plans when we get back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.326s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb