From boat, to bus, to bus, to bus, to bus, to train.


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
June 12th 2010
Published: June 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Got up at 6.30 - not happy bunnys.

Guy at SP chalets told us the ferry didnt leave til 7.45 so we popped in for some breakfast. When we went to leave the owner gave us some old bread to feed fishies with while we waited for the boat. We caused a bit of a feeding frenzy, mainly zebra fishes but some bigger ones joined in too.

Ferry wasnt so full so I took up two chairs and fell asleep in Robs lap for the duration. Felt much more refreshed when we docked. Walked to the bus station in Mersing and got our tickets to Johor Bahru. We had an hour to kill so we read a paper and Rob snaffled some crisps. The bus only took a couple of hours to JB and then we switched to another bus to Singapore (RM 2.50). The bus dropped us off at Malaysian immigration first then we got on again to go over the causeway to Singapore. Left the bus again at Singapore immigration then boarded another bus to Queens street bus station. It was only a short walk to the MRT which stopped just outside our hostel.

Hostel seems nice and clean if not a little strict on the rules and regulations. (TV off at 10! Lights out at 11! etc etc). Beds are comfy: 2 pillows, duvet, aircon and each floor has kitchen, bathrooms and communal area and it offers a free toast brekkie. Managed to find an I-net place thats only S$1 per hr. We both skyped home as it had been a while but not before grabbing some cheap street food from a place where all the locals eat where there were no menus and you just have to point at stuff to have with your rice and just hope it doesnt contain organs. Rob failed and wolfed down some tongue, but he seemed to enjoy it though. I played safe with veg.

Spoke to the English couple we are sharing our dorm with and decided we'd all get up at 2am to watch the England match in MacD's. Struggled to get to sleep but managed to be in a deep slumber by the time the alarm went off. We threw on some clothes and made our way to the golden arches to find it full of Singaporean footy fans munching on chicken nuggets. The majority seemed to support England but a few people looked distressed when Gerrard scored.

Unfortunately it was a 1-1 draw and we struggled to get to sleep when we got in, probably due to the high intake of caffeine with the large D Cokes. So at 7am as we were awake we grabbed some free toast and jam and went back to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb