Day 2 Malaysia and Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
May 19th 2009
Published: May 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 Today we again crossed the causeway into Singapore, but this time much quicker as we were more prepared having pre-filled the immigration forms. Certainly speeds the process up considerably.

We arranged to meet a taxi driver called Geoffrey at Kranji MRT and he took us into town and up to Mt Faber. This is the base station for the cable car over to Sentosa Island and there are some great views of the city and harbour from here. David bought us all a drink and I nearly fell of the chair when I saw the prices. About $S23 for a glass of French house wine, $S17 for a Tiger beer and even $S9 for a glass of coke. Did go down rather well as it has been quite warm and humid today.

We then took the cable car to Sentosa and what a change has taken place since we were last there in 1985. Back then it was literally the cable car terminus and a few dodgy souvenir shops, Well, they’re still there but the place has had a massive upgrade, with numerous tourist areas, free shuttle buses and even a monorail back to the “mainland”.

We took one of the buses to a beach area where we had a very late lunch and took in the view. Lunch was very good as usual and we took a little time relaxing taking in the view oif a lagoon. Overall, I think you would need a week to look at all on offer on the island.

We then crossed back over to the city on the monorail to Vivo City shopping centre. On the way, the monorail actually stopped where a new station is going to be built at the new casino site. This building site is huge. It is going to be absolutely massive, and with the marina area also having a rebuild the whole waterfront area of Singapore and Sentosa is going to change for ever

We planned to go on the night safari tonight, but have postponed until Wednesday where we will get ourselves better organised.

I am getting so frustrated trying to get these blogs up but I have now worked out how to get free wi-fi here so I’m going to try again today to get the blog and piccies up. Got the text OK, but the delay has been trying to upload photos so I’ve tried resizing them even smaller.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb