Malaysia & Singapore Day 1


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
May 19th 2009
Published: May 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This is the start of our grand vacation to Singapore and Malaysia. On Sunday we left from the Gold Coast (Coolangatta) for our Air Asia flight to Kuala Lumpur. Whilst the excitement was there, the reality of the situation proved slightly disappointing.

Our aircraft was a new A330 and we expected it to be a great flight on a relatively new plane, however the seating had much to be desired. Even Gina, at 5'0"found the pitch of the seats to be too close but the main problem was the seats DO NOT RECLINE. The seat slides forward, with some effort but provides no comfort at all.

On arrival in KL, we spent about 4 hours wandering around the LCCT until our flight to Johor Bahru. JB is on the Malaysian side of the border with Singapore. Got a cab from Senia airport to the Suria City Hotel which only cost RM40 per cab. Not bad considering the bus to the bus station would have been RM16. The hotel is clean and comfortable with a view across to Singapore. Only minor problem is, it is located on the wrong side of the expressway to get easy access to the border crossing.

We the crossed the border into Singapore. It took us about an hour to cross the border, what with having to fill out arrival forms, although the bus to Kranji MRT station only cost 90 sen each (about 40 cents). The MRT is very good and we got off at a couple of wrong stops before we finally found the correct station to go on to the Singapore Flyer - Singapore’s version of the London Eye.

We had dinner about 6 pm in surprise, surprise, an Asian restaurant. Fabulous crispy duck, ginger fish, chicken sweet and sour, a noodle dish and two types of rice, all for about $S80 - not as cheap as a hawker meal, but well worth


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



20th May 2009

Stunning pictures
Great photos - love the version of the eye

Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0136s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb