David, Mary, Gina and Peter s Grand Vacation to Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
May 2nd 2009
Published: May 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

LangkawiLangkawiLangkawi

The eagle has landed.

15 days to go



With only 15 days to go, it's now time to let everyone know our itinerary for the grand vacation.

17 May - depart Coolangatta on Air Asia for Kuala Lumpur LCCT.

18 May - arrive 4.05 a.m. hopefully on time to connect with our 8.15 AA flight to Johor Bahru. We arrive in Johor Bahru (JB) at 9.00 where we will be staying 4 nights at the Suria City Hotel. This will be our base for 4 days whilst we explore Singapore and Southern Malaysia. As we are free wheeling and will do whatever happens, we do plan on going to Singapore Zoo, the Singapore Flyer and possibly having high tea at Raffles (Amex are going to love me). And don't forget the food or the massage.

22 May - today is a long travel day. We leave JB at 8.30 on the train to Butterworth arriving at 9.45 pm. From there we take a short ferry ride to Georgetown on Penang where we will be staying at the Bayview Beach Resort at Batu Ferrighi for 8 nights of relaxation and sinful pleasures. The hotel looks good on the website, right on
Batu CavesBatu CavesBatu Caves

Lord Muruga
the beach. Only problem is, it appears no swimming in the sea due to a lot of jellyfish. For anyone interested, tripadvisor.com is a great place to visit to check out other peoples opinions of accommodation and other attractions around the world.

Having not visited here previously, looks like we may book a tour of the island although a must is to go up Penang Hill on the funicular railway. According to our travel books, the largest Buddhist Temple in Malaysia is also on Penang. The Chor Soo Kong Temple (aka Snake Temple) also looks interesting with the vipers. We'll just wing it as we usually do and see what happens when we arrive and have a look around. And don't forget the food or the massage.

30th May - Today we get the ferry to Kuah on the island of Langkawi - a 2.5 hour trip which should test Gina's sea legs. Going back to Langkawi will be like going home after our previous two trips here. Once again we will be staying at the Holiday Villa for 8 nights. Don't believe everything you read on tripadvisor (see above) as we have found this place to be
LangkawiLangkawiLangkawi

Beach at Pantai Tengah
great place to stay. We will be hiring a car as this is the best way to get around the island.

We will be meeting Stu and Abby and our wonderful granchildren (Danika and Zavanna) here so should be a great get together with the family. Lots to see here, also lots not to do, like lazing around that huge pool. I was going to have a game of golf but my foot is really playing up so I don't thing that will happen. Still, Gina and I will take great pleasure in showing the family around this exotic island. And don't forget the food or the massage.

7th June - The final stage of the tour. Fly to Kuala Lumpur (KL) for the last 7 days of the trip. We will be staying at Sarang Galloway, an old shop house which has been converted to a 4 bedroom villa. Have not set eyes on this place but looks good on the website. We will all be staying here and it's close to the Golden Triangle and Bukit Bintang. Quite close to rail and monorail as well.

There's only one thing to do in KL and that's
LankkawiLankkawiLankkawi

Beach at Pantai Tengah. Colours looked great
shop, shop and shop. Maybe some food in between. We will most definately be visiting Sungei Wang Plaza, Low Yat Plaza (for IT), The Pavilion, Suria KLCC (at the Twin Towers) and of course Chinatown. I'm also looking forward to having cocktails and tapas on Jalan Bukit Bintang. Lots to see in KL, so we shall have to see what transpires.

Thinking about maybe going to Genting for a night to see if we can break the bank. We will make up lour mind when we get to KL. And don't forget the food or the massage. Especially here with the fish spa massage.

14 June - This is the day I hate. Maybe I'll win lotto while we're away and can extend for a bit. Only trouble is you need more than one number. Flight leaves KL at 10.20 am so an early start to get there by about 7.20 am. We arrive back at the Gold Coast at 8.20 pm so should be tucked up in bed by midnight.









Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Kuala LumpurKuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur

Entrance to China Town


3rd May 2009

Just as well
Just as well that we get a mention in the blog!!!!! ha ha
3rd May 2009

Can i come?
Looks like a great trip Peter, and a great Blog too. I'll be thinking of you all, and looking forward to hearing how those hotels are. Cheers, Kylie (Travel Counsellors)
4th May 2009

lucky b
all the best have agood time hope you get this love wally
26th May 2009

Looks like you are all having a great time, love all the pics and stories :) look forward to reading some more about your holiday, take care

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb