Birds, Parades and a whole lot of water


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 24th 2007
Published: February 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Us at the Bird Show!Us at the Bird Show!Us at the Bird Show!

Looking a little wet??
Us being animal lovers, we decided to go the the Jurong Bird Park, which has the world's biggest man-made waterfall.

Off we set around midday. We got to the bus stop and then the heavens opened and it poured! And when I say it poured, it was literally a few centimetres after 5 mins! We complain about the rain in England but at least we never get torrential rain!

We got to the bird park just in time to see the first bird show - a mix of men in bird costumes and some actual birds, along with the world's worst magician! The birds were good and it reminded me of the times we saw bird shows when I was younger and I have to admit I still enjoy them! There was a very clever parrot who could sing songs in 3 different languages -English, Mandarin and Malay.

The bird park was not as big as we thought it would be - some of the birds did not look very happy as their cages were not that big. The waterfall was quite impressive, think James was more impressed than me. But at least there is a special deal where you can buy tickets for the Bird Park, the Singapore Zoo and the Singapore Zoo Night Safari at a discount.

We are slap bang in the middle of the Chinese New Year celebrations so we decided to go to the Chingay Parade of Dreams in the evening. Apparently, 12 countries participated but I could not tell you which as my view point was not that great! And I couldn't even tell you why it was called the Parade of dreams, unless it was "weird dreams"... However, it was lively and colourful and that's all you really expect from a parade! It was good to get into a festival mood although they do seem to spend more than a few days celebrating this New Year - any excuse for a party!

Pictures of the parade will (possibly, depending on how good they are!) come at a later date.

Anyway, here I am writing this blog and we are still suffering from jet lag! It's weird but I suppose staying up late and getting up late doesn't help! Anyway, I'll sign off for now...watch this space!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Pink BirdsPink Birds
Pink Birds

Flamencoes / Flamingoes - never know which one!
WaterfallWaterfall
Waterfall

Man-made - impressive or what!
PenguinsPenguins
Penguins

"Methinks it's too cold to go swimming!"
EmuEmu
Emu

I'm Emu, who are you?


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb