In the jungle, the mighty jungle.....


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 26th 2007
Published: February 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

In TandemIn TandemIn Tandem

James looking cool......or not!
..the lion sleeps tonight. Yes, today was the day we went to the Night Safari at Singapore Zoo.

Before that, we went to the beach for a walk - nice and cool here compared to elsewhere! This is cycle and roller blade heaven with a road that follows the coast round. We decided to get a tandem bike - its weird being the back seat driver, the only thing I could do was pedal as James had full control!

The night safari was just as I remembered it from 2001. We took the tram round and it's a funny feeling being a few metres away from an elephant! But the zoo is designed such that we are separated from the animals by a moat. We saw, lions, tigers, elephants, deer, some weird looking pigs, rhinos, hippos, wolves, zebras and giraffes.

We also saw the "Creatures of the night" show which is like a parrot show, except with different animals - the best part was when the otters were putting rubbish into the correct recycling bins! Very sweet, if you could call wild animals that!

Only problem with going to the night safari is you find yourself in great danger of missing the last MRT train and guess what...yes that's right, we missed it - everything stops here around 11.30pm which is a little annoying but the cab back was cheaper than we expected - around 3 pounds - not bad!













































Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

ZooZoo
Zoo

Is this a deer??!
More animalsMore animals
More animals

Can't believe how friendly this lemur is!
Stripey!Stripey!
Stripey!

Need I say anything more...


Tot: 0.031s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb