天冷就回来 If There're Seasons


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore » Bugis Village
August 17th 2007
Published: August 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arguably One of the Better Local Musical in Recent Times



It was a night of nostalgia & musical feast for the 600 audiences who packed the Drama Centre Theatre to the brim last evening. For the kids who grew up in the early 80s, <新谣> Xin Yao was a familiar name for all.

《天冷就回来》, If There Are Seasons ~ the latest musical to hit the local theatre brought back beautiful memories for most. Songs they grew up with, and songs they could relate to as a kid.

《天冷就回来》, If There Are Seasons ~ did not have a solid story plot. What gave the show a boost were the casts immaculate singing that managed to fill in the whatever imperfections. The 3 hours musical succeeded in portraying a serious note revolving around dreams, love and friendship. However, the love tangle between Sebastian Tan and his lover did bring in some laughter and surprises among the audiences.

The only disappointment was that the 4 main characters did not perform the Theme Song together on stage. But fret not, the official website 《天冷就回来》, does contain an extremely good version of their flawless rendition.

At the end of the 3 hour musical, it was amazing that the strong 20 casts belt out 40 familiar numbers effortlessly. The audiences seated behind me responded by joining the cast in their lovely singing.

I was glad to be a 1980s kid. And if you are one, this is probably one you shouldn't missed it.

I certainly hope that there will be a next season of 《天冷就回来》 . This is probably one of the better local musical in recent times!


By the time “If There Are Seasons” ended its 19th run on 2nd September 2007, the writer had caught a total of 7 shows @ the New Drama Centre. And he never got tired watching it again and again. He had already made a pact to watch it again when the new season returns in 2009.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb