Day 12 - Langkawi to Kuala Lumpur

Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
October 28th 2015
Published: April 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We started today literally before the crack of dawn. The alarm was set for 6:30am as I wanted to walk down to the beach and take some photos of the sunrise. It wasn't as pretty as we thought it may have been, but it was nice to be up at that hour anyway; it was very peaceful and a nice way to spend a couple of hours before the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur.
We took some photos and found some weird and wonderful and slightly terrifying sea life, then slowly made our way back to the hotel.
We went back to the room for about 20mins then decided to head for breakfast seeing as though we were up anyway.
After breakfast we made our way back to our rooms, packed up our bags and headed to the taxi rank for a cab to the airport. The trip was short, only 15-20mins and it cost us only 22MR.
We checked-in our bags and went outside so Bec could have a smoke. We had arrived quite early so had quite a bit of time to fill in.
While sitting outside, a guy came and asked if he could do a Langkawi Tourism Questionaire, so we obliged. We got a free notepad at the end of it and it wasted some time.
After that, we went in and had our massage chair normalities, and then it was time to board. We were ready to leave 10mins early and arrived in Kuala Lumpur 20mins early.
We collected our bags and made our way to the KLIA Rapid Train into Central Station then jumped in a cab to the hotel; the cab ride from hell. My goodness he was the most crazy, impatient cabby we've ever ridden with. I don't know how many times Bec and I gasped at his near misses.
Eventually we arrived - surprisingly safe - at our glorious hotel, The Grand Millennium in Bukit Bingtang.
The hotel is stunning, a grand foyer indeed. We checked-in and made our way to the 8th floor to our delightful room with a big bathroom and cool view overlooking the city. We got changed and decided to go for a stroll down to the Bukit Bingtang shops. We went into Forever 21, H&M and got Boost Juice then walked to get massages at the place we had frequented in March when we were here; Soho Spa and Beauty.
After our relaxing massages, we walked back to the hotel to shower and change and make our way down to Healy Macs Irish Pub for dinner and a few drinks.
I got a lasagna with potatoes and Bec got a veggie moussaka. We had a few drinks then made our way back toward KLCC shops where we had a quick look but weren't really in the mood for shopping, so went out and watched the fountains dance.
Then we made our way round to the front of the Patronas Towers to take some photos. After that we made our way back to the hotel as we were pretty tired. But when we got back the tiredness disappeared for a bit, so we watched some TV for about an hour then it was snooze time.

Total steps: 25,752
Total kms: 19.88


Tot: 1.126s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 16; qc: 85; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb