Day 89 Malaysia, Kuala Lumpar


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 12th 2015
Published: February 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi,



This morning we woke up early. This dorm has rucksack sized lockers in the room but to get the bag in and out makes quite a lot of noise, so accidently we ended up waking the other 4 people up at 7.30 too…. sorry.



We showered and had breakfast in the hostel, which was free! Just coffee/tea and jam on toast but as much as you want, so it does perfectly well for the morning meal and our budget.



We headed out to the Batu caves about 9.30am. The tube/metro goes all the way there with just one change over at KLSentral. We arrived at the caves (the metro is right outside the entrance) and I was told that my knee length shorts were an inch too short off being a respectable length to go inside the monkey-infested cave. I was not happy as I had to loan out a dirty scarf. The men could have their shorts as short as they wanted. I swear these women just turn up each day to make up this rule about having to wear skirts. Luckily it was only 5 RM, with 2RM back if the scarf is returned, which people do, as it’s so ugly.



Once having climbed the steps- there were quite a few, and next to the huge gold Buddha looks quite impressive. The caves were a bit of a disappointment but we have been pre warned that they would be. They are quite dirty and there are quite a few monkeys inside causing havoc.



Luckily we didn’t have to pay to get in because you only need 5 minutes in there to see all you need to. We were back on the metro again, departing into KLSentral station in time for lunch. We went into a food court in the mall, where I had a amazing ham, cheese and salad sandwich and soup for about £2 and Neil had a noodle dish, which he also loved. After lunch we had a little (window) shop before heading back to the hostel. I repacked my bag and topped up my shampoo and conditioner with bottles that other travellers have left (there are loads of bottles in this hostel as there are about 20 showers).



We headed out for a shop in the malls around our hostel about 5pm also stopping for tea in a food court. We didn’t buy anything but I’m on the look out for walking sandals (preferably Merrill) and Neil is looking out for a cheap, smart going-out long sleeved shirt.



This evening we are just catching up on blogs and reading up on Australia. We may do another Spanish lesson as we missed it yesterday…



Love V&N X


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb