Day 88 Malaysia, Penang to Kuala Lumpar.


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 11th 2015
Published: February 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,



Today we had a ‘nothing’ day planned, we had an 11.15am coach pick up to Kuala Lumpar (KL for the cool kids) so we could not do anything in the morning, so we just had a lie in, late breakfast and read in the morning.



We got picked up on time (first for everything); we only had to pay 35 ringlets, which is about £6.50 to travel 5 hours on a coach!!! Would cost loads in England!!



We got dropped off at the booking office who told us we had to wait for the coach there, we got chatting to another couple from Newcastle and Derby who were going to KL on the same bus, they had been a few weeks before so they gave us some tips. (Always love a tip)



After a 20 minute wait, a taxi picked us up to take us to the coach (??? Strange I know!!!), we thought we were leaving at 1200 but ended up sitting around until 1300 before we left!!



We had one stop off/toilet break that broke up the journey. We got to KL Central about 17.30, this is the main station for buses and the metro. After navigating around and having to get through a mall we got on the mono-rail to Bukit Bintang. We eventually found our hostel about 18.30 after missing it on the main road because it was hidden by lots of road works.



We were both starving so checked in quickly, paid the hostel for 3 nights, dropped the bags in and then headed out for dinner. We found a food street that had some Thai food; it was nowhere near as good as proper Thai but did the job!!!



We had a wander round and looked at a few dodgy shops before heading back to the hostel to check in with the families and let them know we got here safe.



Once back we started chatting to a few people and next thing we are playing ring of fire with about 10 other people. (Ring of fire is a card game with dares and lots of drinking, we didn’t have much drink so had to ration our sips). It ended up a good night meeting a few good people. (The random Chinese girl in the photo was a dare but thought it would go on here as it was a photo shy day!!)



We headed to bed, whilst a few of the others headed out to the clubs. We had a read and then hit the hay.



Hope you enjoyed,





Love N&V X

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb