Day 87 Malaysia, Penang, Penang Hill.


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
February 10th 2015
Published: February 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi family, friends and followers,



Again we woke up without an alarm but instead to this older lady in the dorm room shining her flash light at everyone claiming there are bedbugs everywhere (there wasn’t). She was a pain.



It had been recommended to go to the Penang Hill, which for us in Georgetown was only a 20-minute bus ride away. We caught the number 204 bus from the top of our road and headed straight to the Hill, which has the tram going up to the top for incredible views over Georgetown and back across the water to the Butterworth, main land. As we are ‘students’ (well have a student card at least) we got the ticket for half the price, so it was only about £3 each for a return tram ride.



The views were really good, and there are a few things to see at the top including a mosque, temple and various old houses.



As the day was getting closer to 1300 we decided to head back to the hostel as it is way too hot to be out then!!!



We got back and decided to chill out, read and watch a spooks and GOT, yes I know we are lazy but there is not loads to do in Penang without spending a lot of money and we need to tighten the belt a bit!!!



We headed out in the evening and found a noodle bar who made fresh noodles so we decided to give it a go. I had Black bean sauce and chicken noodles and Vick had sweet and sour pork noodles, and a noodle dumpling soup to share. It was not good!! The best part was the noodle soup the rest had too much sauce and was way too sweet!!! (not our best choice!!)



We had a wonder around Chinatown and Little India, and saw the children in Chinatown practising for Chinese New Year. (Looks like its going to be amazing)



While walking we saw a cruise ship in Penang harbour, it turned out to be the Sapphire Princess, I worked on its sister ship the Diamond for a year. (Cant get away from these things lol)



We then headed back to the hostel, started watching this Zodiac disaster film, which was shit so watched a spooks instead, read, had a cuddle in bed then crashed out.



We have an easy morning tomorrow as we have a 1115 pick up to head to KL. (People who are not with the travel lingo KL is Kuala Lumpur)



Hope you enjoyed it,





Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb