Day 90 Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 13th 2015
Published: February 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hello people,



Sorry for the lateness of this blog, its down to being busy and very bad wifi!!!



Today we planned to visit the Petronas towers and the KL tower in KL. We had looked it up and it was a mere 15min walk from our hostel so we had a quick breakfast in the morning and headed out.





The area is marked out ok just it’s hard to find your way from the hostel but once you hit the first main road there are lots of signs directing you. We found it easy enough and it’s an impressive building. We found a really good position for photos so we hope you enjoy them. We wanted to head up the tower to the walk way between the towers, which by the way is the highest walkway in the world!! But it was 80 ringgits, which is £40 for looking down on the city so we decided to pass!!



After walking around the area and heading to the mall underneath (it was massive) we walked to the KL tower, this is the 7th tallest communications tower in the world. (What the other ones are I have no idea apart from one in Shanghai).



When we got to the entrance to the KL tower they had a complementary shuttle, we found that a nice touch!! We got there and found it was a similar price to go up which was disappointing!! I wanted to go on the F1 simulator, however that was under refurbishment so it turned into a terrible trip there, only remarkable thing was trying a durian fruit ice lolly, it was the most horrible thing in the world, it was a mix of old rotten cheese and vomit!! I had one bit and could/would not have anymore, Vick on the other hand hated it as well but could not help herself eating it. (Crazy girl)



We headed back to the hostel as it was boiling and we had walked about 6 miles already!! We chilled out and read, chatted with people in the hostel and generally relaxed!!! About 6-7pm we headed out for dinner, we decided we would have some western food, as Vick was sick of Asian food. We broke the rules and had a Mcd’s it was only £2 for a meal deal so helped the budget!!!



We headed back to the hostel (it was only 30 sec’s from the hostel) and ended up playing an Israeli card game with a few people from England, it was good fun and I won of course!!!



As we had a 5am wake up the next day we had an early night and both asleep quickly.





Lots of love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb