? 40. Where did all the years go? Must be a mistake!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
March 2nd 2013
Published: March 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

How did that happen? 40 ? Beginning of a new era? Maybe.

March 2nd and finally I have company. Becky arrived today and now we can share experiences together. So lovely after 4 weeks alone. The nicest birthday present of all.

After a reunion and an hour transfer back to the villa from the airport I was able to share our stunning room, followed by a beer on the veranda overlooking the pool. I could get very used to this.

After finally speaking to my sister via Skype (its only taken her 4 weeks to get her head around the eight hour time difference!) we started out at the Sky bar, Traders hotel, overlooking the famous twin towers. Here we enjoyed a Margarita (Becky's favourite) and a Hemmingway Daiquiri for me before heading for another aperitivo at Mo Bar, Mandarin Oriental.

One of the drawbacks of eating alone is you end up ordering way too much and eating very quickly. Tonight, however, was different, and together we were able to enjoy a slow meal, washed down with a nice bottle of French red and lots of conversation. Dinner at the Mandarin Oriental, Lai Po Heen, was delicious with an array of Chinese delights. The river prawns in spicy bean sauce were the highlight. I'm afraid they looked rather demolished afterwards. To end our meal, in traditional Chinese style, I was greeted with waiters singing "happy birthday" and a delightful looking chocolate cake. I haven't blown a candle out from a cake in years!

?40 really?. Must be a mistake!

Poor Becky was beginning to look rather weary after the long flight, but we still managed to finish the night off with a few glasses of wine at Limoncello restaurant/bar across the street before returning to Villa Samadhi where they had laid out a beautiful selection of flowers and tea lights on the villa floor. A lovely end to a lovely birthday.

I feel this birthday might last a good few days!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement


Very tastyVery tasty
Very tasty

River prawns with spicy bean sauce -after consumption


Very relaxed ? Or too much vinoVery relaxed ? Or too much vino
Very relaxed ? Or too much vino

Not really. Relaxed but weary after the flight



3rd March 2013

penblwydd Hapus!
happy Birthday Lis! Enjoy the next leg of your adventure xxx
4th March 2013

Happy birthday Lisa... Wow what a way to spend the big one!!.... Looks amazing and bet your glad to have becky to share the magical experience of a lifetime. New beginnings xx

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb