Malaysia Day 27


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
June 13th 2009
Published: June 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 27 Our last full day in Kuala Lumpur and Malaysia before we fly out tomorrow. Abby and Stu and the girls fly out Monday so it’s just about all over red rover.

Today we all got up early because Peter had a dentist appointment and try as much as I did last night , I could not find the appointment card. We assumed it was 10am but the card miraculously turned up and it was for 11am. Anyway, we left about 10am with Abby and Stu and the girls and we left them at Bangsar to go the Mid Valley Mega Mall.

David and Mary stayed home to do some packing to mail some stuff home as we had looked on the internet and found out that some post offices were open on Saturday. They spent about 3 hours getting boxes packed, took it to the Post Office and then found out they weren’t open after all. Cannot believe all you read on the OFFICIAL Malaysian Pos website.

Peter and Gina eventually met up with the Harveys at the Mid Valley Mega Mall and we all went into Carrefour (French hypermarket) and purchased some more cheap goodies. We also got a few Lock n Lock pieces that are not available in Australia to add to our collection. We then went and had lunch and headed back on the bus.

On the way back, we realised that the bus was passing Chinatown so we quickly decamped over there to do a bit of last minute shopping. Never miss the opportunity to visit Chinatown. After that we finally headed back to the house. This was when we found out about the problems that David and Mary had had with the post office.

In the evening Peter and Gina headed off to Sungei Wang for some last minute shopping and also to the twin towers to take some night photos. I really need to do a course to use this damn sophisticated camera of mine plus get a wide angle lens. Maybe next year when I win lotto. Using the bus, as you do when it only costs RM2 for a whole day, we travelled back to Bukit Bintang from the towers and went for a 30 minute fish spa followed by a 90 minute massage - bliss. We returned after midnight with packing still to do. We canb always try and sleep on the plane.

David and Mary also went to the fish spa and had a candling and a neck massage. Great minds think alike in getting last massages in.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb