Party time again!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Kapas Island
May 3rd 2018
Published: October 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Don't know why but this blog never got finished, It disturbs me when things are incomplete so months after the event I have finally got round to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Once again the end of our trip is looming up but not before we visit our favourite island.
You know the old saying...... Save the best till last.

After two days in krabi we flew down to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. A few hours later after hanging around the airport we boarded a plane to Terengganu. The jumping off point for Pulua Kapas. We were to late to get the last boat so stayed the night there.

By midday the next day were back on our paradise island. We arrived to hugs and kisses from Kyan the owner of the bungalow operation. We soon fell into the old routine, leisurely breakfast under the big tree followed by walks to the neighbouring deserted beaches and snorkelling in the sea. We were please to find that the coral was still as beautiful as ever and lots of fish especially the clown fish darting in and out of their anenomes. Nights were fairly chilled out usually but suddenly spring into life with a crazy party when it was someone's birthday.

Two days later Sharon and Scott arrived on the island with Kyla and Jake and checked into the air con bungalows next door to ours.

It was lovely to all meet up on 'our' tropical, paradise island. Jake came out snorkelling with us one day and it was lovely to see him enjoy looking under the sea. He swam right the way round the little off shore rocky island.

I arranged a party for Jake's 4th birthday under the big tree, Reezer one of the workers at our place made him a cake and we tied balloons up. Sadly it was cut short when the sky turned dark and the wind whipped up. Seemed like a tropical storm was closing in and all the staff were running around frantically battoning down the hatches.

The storm never did come and by 5pm the sky was clear again and all was calm.

We had a drama one night when a python was found hanging out of the air conditioning unit in Sharon's bathroom. A worker managed to pull it out and carry it off somewhere ( far away we hoped!!).

Unfortunately Kyla became ill and they all left the island a day early to find a doctor. We met up at the airport next day and flew to Kuala Lumpur where we said our goodbyes and flew home. Another epic trip has come to an end.

It was really sad that we'd missed our last day together. Who knows when we will meet up again?


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



30th October 2018

Soon, I hope...
What a lovely end to an amazing trip!

Tot: 0.606s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 26; qc: 80; dbt: 0.3624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb