Whirlwind visit to Cyprus


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » North Aegean
October 30th 2018
Published: October 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I don't normally write travelblogs for just a two week package holiday but in response to requests from friends who don't do facebook I've decided to break the rules.

We booked a late deal just days before flying off to Pernera in Cyprus. we weren't disappointed. It felt like luxury to be in a proper hotel with air con, hot showers and maid service, as opposed to bamboo beach huts with nothing but a bed and cold shower.

True to ourselves, we abandoned the sunbeds around the pool, that most of the hotel guests occupied day after day, and went off in search of adventure.

Firstly jumping on a local bus to Cape Greko where we ended up being persuaded to eat sea salt straight from a rock pool by a friendly, very scantily clad local man. from there we climbed to the top of the cape before taking the coastal path to several sea caves, Lovers bridge, Konosos beach and lastly Cyclop's cave. Turned out to be a twelve km hike. In flip flops!!

The next few days were spent exploring the local beaches on foot and snorkelling in the sea. Surprisingly we saw more than we'd expected. Several types of coloured fish, tube fish and best of all a Moray Eel swimming out swimming the rocks.

We hired a car to visit Nicosia and then the Troodos Mountains and the following day Famagusta on the Turkish side in the North of the island.

Has the experience of staying in a 3* hotel spoilt me? No, despite it being a lovely, small friendly hotel we still crave the white sand beaches, Palm trees and bamboo beach huts of S.E.Asia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



16th June 2019

Fascinating Stories
Met Stan & Sheila in Cyprus and what a lovely couple ~ they call themselves crazy but we thought they were amazing
7th July 2019

More trips
Hi Ian and Jane. We are on another big trip if you're interested. I've done a few blogs and more to come.

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb