25 years young...again


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Pahang » Pulau Tioman
June 10th 2010
Published: June 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Had a big shock last night when my Mam informed me she's just bought me a brand new car! I literally sat with my mouth gaping open for about 5mins. (ROB: She did). So we were up pretty late, excited and chatty so didnt get our arses out of bed til about 11am. Woke up to a lovely hand made card from Robby.

On our way to brekkie we saw some more monitor lizards, we were supposed to go snorkelling but as the weather was quite overcast and a little chilly we decided to go on a walk instead and save snorkelling for tomorrow. We went towards Salang beach (via monkey bay) with no real idea of how far it was. We realised pretty quickly that flipflops + muddy jungle = lethal concoction. There were some pretty steep slippy bits where rope was provided so you could pull yourself up or lower yourself down.

After about 30mins we got to Panuba beach resort where we wandered down to the jetty and looked at the fishes below to gauge what snorkelling would be like. There were quite a few fish there. We decided to carry on to Saleng through the jungle but adter a further 30mins walking when we were still only 1/4 of the way to Saland beach we decided to turn back. During the trek we saw lots of wildlife (monkey, millipede, plenty of insects, a squirrel, lizard and too many ants and mozzies).

On getting back to ABC beach Robby bought me a birthday ice cream and we sat on our balcony. The area round here seemed to have been invaded by ginger cats, there are kittens at the store and a big fat male that sleeps on our balcony and jumps on robby as soon as he sits down. There are also 4 kittens that hang around our chalet.

We splashed out with a BBQ tea at Johans where I had chicken and Rob had barracuda with rice and salad; very yummy. Managed to get online and see some pics of my car: looks fantastic. P.S. Ive managed to gain about 15 bites from our jungle adventure today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0938s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb