Malaysia Day 18


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
June 4th 2009
Published: June 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 18 Today, once again everybody made there own way around the island at their leisure.

David and Mary headed off on the bike at about 8am and went to the Oriental Village and went on the cable car. This rises to a height of about 800m above sea level and gives a spectacular view of the west coast of Langkawi.

After this they went a short way up the road to the Seven Wells waterfall. It wad a grueling walk up the hill which turned in to a mountain to reach the top. Mary said the expression on other tourists faces said what the climb was like. They went for a swim and then hopped back on the bike and headed back to the hotel just after lunch time, where they extended the bike hire for an extra day.

Abby and Stu and the girls headed off to Kuah to buy a few extra bags to put all their purchase in. One thing about Malaysia is that there is an awful lot of things to buy and you certainly need extra bags to carry your purchases home. They the headed back to the hotel and spent some time with the girls around the pool.

Peter and Gina went for a short drive to the airport to cash some Aussie dollars and had a look around the shopping centre. We purchased a new suitcase to carry our goodies - excess baggage here we come. We had a cuppa at Starbucks and then headed back to the hotel.

Once David and Mary returned from their trip, the four of us headed into Pantai Cenang for a massage. After checking a few places out, we decided on a 2 hour reflexology and massage session at a Thai massage shop. It ended up at almost 3 hours and was very very relaxing except for the occasional bit of pain. Instead of using their fingers on the points on the feet, they a wooden instrument which at times was quite painful.

This evening after a short time relaxing on the beach at sunset we a cocktail, we headed over to Cactus once more for a further enjoyable evening. The people in this place are so nice and welcoming we really don’t need to go anywhere else but we feel we need to spread our cash around to other places as well.

Only three nights left on this wonderful island.






Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



7th June 2009

Giraffes!!!!!!
You've let that giraffe eat too much in the Cactus......Look how big it's got!

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb