Malaysia Day 16


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 16 Today proved to be extremely hot and humid and very uncomfortable for all of us.

After breakfast and a swim in the pool, we headed off to the Oriental Village which is the base station for the Langkawi cable car.

On the way we called in at the Batik Shop where we were once again given a demonstration of batik making. The sad thing about this place is that they only have one artist left, and as in the west the traditional arts and crafts are dying out. Even the manufacture of the dies for block printing is in danger as only the older artisans make them these days. We were shown a block and the work involved in creating the intricate design is just amazing.

We then went to the Oriental Village but the clouds had come in over the mountain and we were unable to go up in the cable car. No point paying good money to look at mist. We had a look around the village for a few hours, which is really a type of shopping centre.Most of the shops carry the same sort of touristy type items that is available in the markets and stores at Pantai Cenang.

We then went back to Pantai Cenang and went to a fish spa. This where you put your feet into a fish tank and the fish eat the dead and fl;aky skin off your feet. Inspite the trepidation we felt, we went ahead and the sensation is actually very good. The sensation is of someone gently scratching your feet. After about five minutes of the fish scraping and sucking on your feet and toes you start to feel very very relaxed. At the end of it your feet very soft and clean. Most definitely going to do this sort of massage again.

After the fish we went for a small snack and then headed back to the hotel for a swim before dinner. Dinner was at our favourite restaurant Cactus once again and after that back home for a good night’s sleep.




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



5th June 2009

ummmmmm
"13 Zavanna with giraffe" Hate to tell ya this.. but I think that was a rabbit?
5th June 2009

...
Still jealous by the way...
5th June 2009

Zavanna....
OK ok I get it with the giraffe now.. I remember abby telling me about it and didnt see it in that picture before... My bad!! =)
5th June 2009

giraffe
I can see a giraffe Sophie!

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb