Last full day in Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hokkaido
June 22nd 2015
Published: June 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

So we had another day in Tokyo just going around looking at amazing things. Yesterday we went to Matsushima. Matsushima was hit hard in 2011 by the earthquake and tsunami. The town is now nearly back to what it was prior to the tsunami. We had to get there by the bullet train via Tokyo to Sendai and then a local train to Matsushima - so we can honestly now say that after over 2 weeks in Japan we are train aficionados .Anything you need to know about Japanese trains please tweet/email me and I will be able to answer your questions, ha ha.

We decide that we are going to take a boat ride around the harbour of Matsushima to see the 100 islands - it is not a good day from the weather perspective but everyone is trying to get the town back to its original state so we think helping the economy is a good thing.

Just a bit of information here for you. In the earthquakes destruction, 3 buddhas were broken in the museum. The worst of the damage fell upon buddha Monjubosatu, the zodiac idol of 2011, year of the rabbit. It is believed the buddha was sacrificed to save other coastal cities!

Anyway after getting back to the hotel we decided to celebrate our time in Japan with a few cocktails - heavy head as I am writing this today. We are now packing up as tonight we are at an airport hotel before a long flight back to the UK.

So going to sign off now until the next trip - who knows where, who knows when!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb