Senggigi - Lombok's Only Bona Fide Resort Area


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia
February 27th 2014
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Senggigi's Beautiful CoastlineSenggigi's Beautiful CoastlineSenggigi's Beautiful Coastline

Yeah, yeah, same old, same old. Okay, I am lying. Just awesome.
Thirty six hours after arriving in Bali, Indonesia, we are on a boat taking us to the northwest coast of Lombok, arriving at the resort area of Senggigi, which we are told is the only developed resort area on the island of Lombok. Unlike its neighbour island Bali, Lombok is just beginning to develop its tourism industry. In fact, Lombok is often described as Bali's shy but beautiful sister. We are here in Senggigi not so much because we are into resorts, but rather because this is where the boat lands when you arrive, so we thought we would stay a day or two and check it out before moving on.

Once we got off the boat, we found a very pleasant taxi driver to show us a few accommodation options, and ended up lucking out with Sunset House. Our resort included a stellar buffet breakfast, beautiful gardens with several cushion furnished gazebos for lounging, and a pool that overlooked the ocean, plus we had a huge room with wall to wall French doors opening to a large deck overlooking a garden and jungle covered hillside. All for $40 Canadian. Like, really? And the staff were beautiful as well. Not
Local Fishermen Local Fishermen Local Fishermen

It is not only touristos like us who love this. Local people are always out enjoying their beautiful surroundings.
real hard to understand why we love it here.

But again, this was just a short stop - not our destination point - which was the remote Komodo Islands. It was here in Senggigi that we would find the information we needed to get there, preferably by boat. After a little relaxation and a little research, we decided upon the boat that would take us to see the largest lizard on the planet, the Komodo Dragon, who resides on only two islands - Komodo Island and Rinca Island. Both of these islands are found in the Komodo National Park, both of which we would soon visit. We could hardly wait to get going!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

A Pool With a ViewA Pool With a View
A Pool With a View

Is that an understatement? Don't overlook Happy Stan lounging in the pool.
Birds of ParadiseBirds of Paradise
Birds of Paradise

These would be the exotic Birds of Paradise flowers that set us back about twelve bucks each back home, last time I checked. But hey, here in paradise they just are. Free for the enjoyment of all. And we do enjoy.


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb