Day 12 - Day 3 of Wedding Celebration and Legong Dance


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
July 1st 2023
Published: July 1st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Had a lighter breakfast at the resort restaurant because it is Day 3 of wedding celebration with a farewell lunch at another residence designed by Hadiprana. By the time we had finished breakfast and chatted to people about the previous day’s wedding , it was time to get ready for the transfers to the lunch venue. Today was pouring down with rain and we all agreed how lucky we were that the wedding day was yesterday and the rain had held off at the right time.

We were amongst the first to arrive and the grounds were again magnificent. Chef Dean Nor was again in charge of the farewell lunch and this time we feasted on suckling pig with spicy blood sausage, fantastic chicken legs, corn and salads. We had a most enjoyable time chatting with some of Justin’s friends and other relatives. We then had to wait for the cars to return to transfer us back to our resort but there was a bit of a mix-up and we along with my uncle Garry (father of the groom) were waiting a very long time and finally the residence staff decided to use their car to give us a lift back.

Didn’t get back until about 5pm, and we decided to head straight back into town to catch the Legong dance performance at Ubud Palace which started at 7.30pm. We thought we had plenty of time to get there buy tickets, have dinner and get to the show by 7pm which most reviewers had recommended. Well we got stuck in the famous Ubud traffic jam and we were still in the traffic jam at 6.45pm. The 10 minute trip had so far taken 75 minutes. Google was saying it was going to take 13 minutes walk or 32 minutes by car, so we decided to leave the car and walk the rest of the way. It was a good decision as we easily beat the car to the main road and made it to the show at 7.05pm.

The Legng Dance show went for 60 minutes and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. The Gamelan band was great. Initially the music sounds random but it is actually co-ordinated with the dances incredibly well. Very skilful dancers and musicians.

After the show we had dinner at a place called Mild Bistro which was excellent and we then called a Gojeck to go back to our resort. My phone battery conked out just after I ordered it so we weren’t sure where he was or whether he would turn up, but eventually he did and atbthis stage the traffic has evaporated and we got home in 10 minutes instead of 90 minutes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb