Day 13 - Ubud


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
July 2nd 2023
Published: July 2nd 2023
Edit Blog Post

Nice leisurely start to the day. Breakfast in the resort restaurant at 8.50am and we chatted with Jenny and Garry until about 11.30am and then Justin and Lynn .

We left our room at 12.45pm and ordered a Grab car which took about 30 minutes getting to us because of traffic. Plan was to look around Monkey Forest, but it was pouring down with rain and when we went to buy tickets, the tickey lady said “no monkes today” because of the rain. We decided we would leave it for another time, but then daisy spied some nice dresses they were selling for a bargain price and she ended up buying one, so at the least the trip wasn’t completely wasted.

We then decided to walk up the long road towards Ubud Palace, where the we saw the Legong Dance last night. Debbie and Daisy quickly found a massage/spa place and decided to have one hour massages for $17.50 each. I opted to go to a café and have a drink, but after about 40 minutes decided to continue the walk towards Ubud Palace. Along the way I bumped into Jenny and Garry again who were doing some last minute shopping before continuing their travels to China.

I reached Ubud Palace around 3.30pm, looked around and then continued onto Saraswati Temple and then decided to wait for D &D in Starbucks which was right next to the temple. In fact, the entrance was insice the temple gate. There was also a restaurant at the entrance. D & D had also stopped at a Teak shop and bought some nice items. By the time D & D caught up and had a coffee, it was 5pm, so we decided to order a Grab car back to the resort. It took about 20 minutes to get to us and then about 45 minutes to make the normally 10 minute trip home. It would have been longer but our driver was a local and took a few back streets and actually cut about 15 minutes off the journey.

Back at the resort we went to the restaurant and had another top class dinner before returning to our room for Debbie to do her final pack and meet her pickup to the airport at 9pm. She kindly managed to put some of our luggage into hers so that we aren’t overweight on our trip home on Wednesday night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb