Day 11 - Ubud and Wedding Day


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
June 30th 2023
Published: July 1st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day of the wedding. We decided to have the resort breakfast. Not a buffet style but you ordered what you want from a menu for a set price. It was actually a much better quality breakfast than the usual buffet style. As the ceremony wasn't until 4pm, so I decided to go for a walk. Daisy and Debbie unsuccessfully tried to book a massage, so they agreed to accompany me on a walk. Decided to walk to Puri Agung Peliatan temple as Google said it was about 35 minutes. It took us much longer of course but the walk was very interesting. We passed a few factories that made statues out of various materials and when we turned a corner off the main road we were in a residential street, all with amazing entrances and we could see where the market was for the amazing statues that we passed beforehand. We noticed that some of these places were guest houses. As we got to the main road where the temple was we heard loud clanging and to our surprise we had stumbled upon a huge funeral ceremony. We had been warned in the morning that some streets would be blocked today for this funeral but had no idea it was starting from this particular temple. There was massive, big tower and we witnessed the body being carried to a platform about halfway up the tower. Then a very large group of men carried the tower and revolved it around a few times until proceeding down the road. It was quite a spectacle to witness. After the procession left, I noticed a side door into the temple, so we entered. There was a sign inside saying the temple was closed to tourists, but no-one kicked us out, so we continued walking around taking photos. Afterwards we decided to get a Gojeck back to the resort which only cost about $6. Even had time for a swim when we got back. Wedding started on time and was absolutely beautiful. Rain has been predicted over the next few days, but fortunately it held off during the ceremony. The flower arrangements were amazing and the setting was lovely. Afterwards were cocktails and hor d'oeuvres. Dinner wasn't until 7pm so we decided to go back to our room for a rest. Cousin Graeme and his wife Anita and son Ethan went back with us and we chatted until dinner time. Reception dinner was outstanding. The chef Dean Nor introduced each course and speeches were all very entertaining and funny. After the usual cake cutting, bouquet throwing and first dance, we proceeded to the after party in bride and groom's suite, where there a DJ and disco lights to greet us. We stayed until about 11pm but the party continued until about 1.30am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb