Day8 - Sanur Beach


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Sanur
June 27th 2023
Published: June 27th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Last full day in Sanur so we decided to spend the whole day here. Woke up late, had a leisurely breakfast, face timed Krissy and Oscar, then set off on our walk of Sanur at about 10.30am. We started walking up the main road of Sanur, Jl. Danau Tamblingan and first we dropped off a 4kg bag of washing at a laundry which only cost us $10 plys they deliveted it back to our hotel for free. Suited us perfectly because we didn't plan to get back to the area until late. We continued on, looked at a few shops and bought a few things before stopping for a very good cup of coffee at The Glass House at 1.30pm. So it had taken us 3 hours to do a 35 minute walk. Guess we did spend a fair bit of time at shops along the way. It was a good stop, because the café was part of a villa complex and they allowed us a short-cut access to the beach. We then found a market area and spent some time there. Daisy found a good store, Sarina's Shop. Sarina has been there for 40 years and makes all the clothes and spoke excellent English. She said she doesn't sell Bali shit and she didn't. Daisy bought a couple of nice pieces. We then walked up a little further to the Kayumanis Seaside Restaurant which was recommended and had another nice late lunch. Bonus was the the beach in front was nice and we were allowed to use a couple of very comfortable beach bean bags that were shaped like deck chairs. It was so comfortable we were there over 90 minutes and didn't leave until 5.40pm. We then very slowly walked down the beach boardwalk and arrived at the Tapha restaurant at 6.45 which we had booked to watch a Balinese Beatles tribute band called Rubber Soul who were quite entertaining plus the food was very good (again). The band played their first set for an hour and finished at 8.30pm and we decided to leave as we plan to watch the sunrise tomorrow morning, our last in Sanur before moving to Ubud.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb