Day 7 - Nusa Dua - Museum Pasifika & Devdan Dance


Advertisement
Asia
June 26th 2023
Published: June 26th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Decided to spend some time at Sanur beach in the morning before having lunch at a Japanese restaurant/bar next door.

Then ordered a Grab car to go to an Art Gallery called Museum Pasifika which is in the Nusa Dua area where tonight's Devdan show is. I noticed the Grab car turned the wrong way from where he was and he had so much trouble trying to get back that our wait time went from 6 minutes to 9 then to 25. I decided to cancel but the driver beat me to it. Then ordered a Gojek car who got to us in 6 minutes. We were almost there when I remembered that we had physical tickets for the show, and I had left them on the table. I'm so use to online tickets on the phone, I've gotten of the habit of checking tickets. So dropped Daisy off at the gallery and just offered the driver $25 to do a return trip.

By the time I got back, Daisy had finished and went to the shopping mall opposite. I decided to have a look around the gallery myself since we had time spare. The gallery was quite good with art from local and overseas artists and took me just over an hour to go through.

Then found Daisy in the shopping complex which was easy as it was just a small open air complex with one department store and a few restaurants. We had chosen one previously called Acala and had the seafood platter for 2 which one reviewer said was the best they'd ever had. I wouldn't go that far, but it was very nice.

Then at 7pm, a short walk to the Nusa Dua Theatre to see a show called Devdan. It was very good featuring all the different styles of dance in Indonesia, some with a more professional modern twist to them. After the show, we had no problem getting a Gojek car to take us home for $15.50. However, the this car wasn't in the best condition and stalled just 10 minutes drive from our hotel. We were worried we were going to have to walk the rest of the way, but the driver eventually got the car going again and we made it. Poor driver was very apologetic but we felt sorry for him, trying to make a living and his car was in urgent need of service.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



27th June 2023

Shopping?
Two words that are often seen close together... 'Daisy' and 'shopping'. How can this be? :-)

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb