no amount of drinking, shopping or fried rice will make you feel whole...


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
January 25th 2008
Published: January 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

..if that ferry boat hadn't been a month ago you may have feared me dead. but its ok...we did arrive in Padangbai...an equivalently squalid port town. and luckily we had a full ride ticket that got us onto a van back to kuta. a vastly different kuta from the one we had just spent the past 10 days in.

we followed a crumpled business card from a bunch of rowdy kiwi's we met back in Lombok all the way to the Bali Dwipa Hotel on Poppies II. which i am now sure is home to some of Kuta's most highly paid and saught after prostitutes...both men and women... the room was to the usual standard, it did however have its own unique feature, the instant bath aka. the drain that doesn't drain. nothing like showering in a foot of your own filth. just ask for the first door on the second level should you ever visit, although it may be standard throughout. in will attest that for $2.50 a night ..who can complain about the piping??? trust a bunch of kiwi's to send you to the gold. thanks boys! we'll be in touch!

our days in kuta are a bit of a blur...i sold my surfboard, and now realise mistakes made...i don't want to talk about it. the nights are most of what i don't remember. on poppies II their are these stairs...where people get together to drink, they buy Bintang from the store at the top of the stairs and its here that we meet people to party with for the night. people just like us...young, traveling and looking to have a crazy night out. my friends of choice, other than my partner in crime tryst, were two swedish girls that we met on the ferry , emma and sara. for 2 days we partied and danced all night. our first night out, tryst and i walked home and i remember thinking that it must be one or two in the morning...it was almost 6...time just slips by in kuta, and now i know why i was so quick to get out when we first arrived but so happy to be back after a month of adventures and explorations. i did some shopping at the big surf brand outlets were brand name clothes go for about half price, and i spent more time on msn and facebook that i had done all trip. but it was like we were here to do everything we had avoided for our entire trip...drink and party, shop and spend more money than we should and tell anyone who would listen about the month of excitement we had just had. keeping the good places to ourselves as not to spoil them for those who live off the simplicity of it all.

on our final night out, i was tame...relatively...and got back to our luxury chateau around 4am. Tristan was nowhere to be found so i put out some hangover drugs for her on the bedside table and went to bed one last time in the overheated room with the most useless ceiling fan you have ever seen...she wasn't to return until mid morning the next day...
i woke up early to finish packing, get breakfast and write postcards from bali buring my last hours IN bali...and of course to send home the best present dad will ever get...by seamail...they said it should take 3 to 4 months....ahahahaha...seamail..what a hilarious idea!
as i walked back to the hotel, i spotted trys eating breakfast, aparently she had made it home while i was out. i laughed at her, she laughed at herself and she laughed at me for leaving her hangover pills. we talked, we hugged and we said bye...for now...i'll be seeing her much sooner than we both know...love you tryst...
and so i caught my final ride to the kuta airport and enjoyed every minute i spent in the air conditioned airport...but it wasn't to last...i was off to the land of Japan...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb