Rajasthan


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
November 21st 2008
Published: November 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dominic and I took a train to Jaipur from Dehli on the 21st of November, and although Jaipur seemed like a nice place it to was a place full of scams, we had just one day for sightseeing here, and spent more time looking at jewelery and textiles than the sights we had wanted to see, on a positive note however it is wedding season here, and we were able to witness many weddings and fireworks whilst in town.
We then head further into the desert to Jaisalmer, where we visit the amazing fort, the oldest living fort in the world, with some 20,000 people living there. We also visit the city palace within the fort area which was also amazing. Jaisalmer was definetely a highlight of our trip here, quite laid back, and lovely just to wander around. Whilst here we also took a camel safari, we took a camel into the desert to see the sunset over the dunes before making our way to a tented camp where we saw singing, and dancing, as well as being served like royalty. The following morning we rode camels some more, with Dominic's highlight taking the reigns.
Our final city that we visit in Rajasthan was the blue city of Jodphur which was also quite great, we visit the fort, a couple of palaces and temples, all of which were quite grand and amazing in there own right, we also stayed in a lovely family run guesthouse where we were taken as family members enjoying chai and samosas, and Dominic had a great time playing with the children there. When it was time to leave it was quite sad for every-one, however we have been invited back, and have been promised wedding invitations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb