Attacks in Mumbai


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
November 27th 2008
Published: December 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The day we arrived in Mumbai is a day that I will never forget, we arrived in Mumbai after an overnight train from Jodphur, upon arrival at Banda station we caught a taxi along with a French lady, thee first observation we made was that there was no traffic on what what supposed to be a busy day in Mumbai, on arrival at CST we deposited our bags at the luggage counter, ready for a day of sight seeing, however we had to check on our tickets to Bangalore, while we were at the tourist reservation counter we learnt of the terror attacks, the siege still taking place in Colaba, and the attacks that happend at the station just hours earlier, once being told I went cold, it was a feeling that is indescribable, especially being in a strange city with a 9 year old, alone and unsure what to do.
Mumbai was like a ghost town, and as we walked wearily out of the station we realised that nothing was open, and there was almost no traffic on the road. We managed to find an internet cafe that was open, and along with other tourists we made the phone call home to say we were ok, some other tourists were booking their flights home, we then caught a taxi to North Mumbai with an American girl, finding an open cafe and staying there all day, it was the longest day of my life, and such fear about returning for CST that night for our luggage, as we returned along with the other girl I felt so much tension, we were all scared, and none of us knew what to expect, on arrival at the station there was military and police every where, which in a way was comforting, we quickly gathered our bags and headed across town for our train to Bangalore, along the way passing military check points every 200mtrs or so. We are safe and glad that the day is over.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb