Agra and Dehli


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
November 17th 2008
Published: November 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dominic and I along, with a fried from the states travelled by overnight train from Varanasi to Agra, Agra itself is quite dirty, and an old city, however we stayed within the green zone 100mtrs from the gate to the Taj Mahal, in what we saw as a little oasis in a crazy city. Day one here we took a rickshaw, although we say the mini taj and a few other sights including the back of the Taj, we had a driver that really wasnt so great and spent most of his time crying and trying to make us feel sorry for him, day 2 we saw the amazing Taj Mahal, and it was amazing and everything that I wanted it to be, although my only disappointment was the polluted skies surrounding. The three of us then made our way to Dehli, where we met a friend that was visiting family in Dehli, he showed us the sights including the Lotus temple, the gateway of India, Ghandi's cremation sight and another lovely temple, this was a lot of fun.
Whilst in both Dehli and Agra we learnt a lot about the corruption that goes on here in India, I really believe that everyone here is corrupt in some way, with bribes payed to police officers, train masters etc, all in sight of us unsuspecting tourists. New Dehli station is no exception with people posing as station workers guiding unsuspecting tourists to offices across the road in attempt to scam them into taking expensive tours.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb