Day 11


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
January 1st 2015
Published: January 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 11
A great 6am start to New Years Eve Day..... Out in a boat, watching the dolphins as the sun was rising. An hour trip that was well worth getting up for. I awoke this morning to dogs barking outside the hut, and in the background, I could hear the rhythmic rolling of the sea. I smiled conte try to myself and thought ... wwooaawww!
After the boat ride we had breakfast on the beach. Tom and I chat such a lot, finding we regularly have similar views. We both continually agree what an amazing trip we are having. It has offered so many various aspects of India, but also the issues, and joys of backpacking.
Today will be a beach day, a rare occasion before heading back onto the city.
......And a lazy beach day it was too! We literally laid on the sunbeds, only moving to either go for a swim in the like warm sea, or to get a drink! We were both happy with the bit of a tan that we early for our efforts. We went shopping, but came back with only beer! We decided to have a few drinks at the hut, catching up with messages and home before going out for New Year celebrations.
Tom and I seem to chit chat constantly with ease! We went out about 9ish, starting with a meal. It was really relaxing. We then iced along the many pulsing bars along the beach. We really tried hard tower with Kate and Nicola, but had no luck!
We danced and drank our way along. Everyone chatting, laughing, and happy to mix with each other; regardless of creed, colour, race and of course, the language barriers. It was an amazing experience for both Tom, and I equally.
At midnight, the fireworks were crazy. The whole sky lit up with waves of noise and colour.
We finally dragged ourselves back to the hut at about 1.30. My legs were aching. I found it such hard work dancing in the sand! The top half was willing, but it was more difficult fort legs! We have an eight o click start tomorrow, so need some sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb