Peng Chau and stuff


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
January 25th 2007
Published: January 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Green StarThe Green StarThe Green Star

This is the ferry we get most the time between Kowloon and Hong Kong. it costs us about 10p or 11p
Well, since last we updated everyone we have been to Kowloon park, which was quite peaceful, which had sculptures, a special Tai Chi area, Goldfish/Koi carp pond, it was nice, not much to say about really though, it's a park.

After that we went to the harbour at night to take some shots (at the end of the last blog).

Yesterday we went to Peng Chau, which is a small kidney shaped island off the coast of Lantau island, it's got some spectacular views and some really neat little beaches, one gives you a good view of Disneyland. Really nice rural little island (you can walk it in a day easily), so we saw the temples there like Dragon mother temple. We actually went there by accident, Leanne wanted to go top the fishing village but got the island wrong, it was still a good day though, and we found a drink called 'sweat', dodgy. Oh, and the rural locals though we were great to stare at, being the only non local people on the island, most of the little old men seem to find Leanne's ample chest highly amusing, but i guess it is at headheight.

That
Rule Abiding.Rule Abiding.Rule Abiding.

On Peng Chau, they don't always seem to respect the law.
night we went up to the peak on Hong Kong island, its great, don't get me wrong, but escalators, i didn't know one building could have so many. We had a pitstop on our way up for burgerking. It was good. Over a litre of pepsi a huge burger, epic and a outdoor table with a great view, all for 4 quid. After the energy boost we finally made it to the top of the shopping centre and reaching the observation tower. The view from there was amazing, you can see all of Hong Kong city and harbour and Kowloon across the harbour lit up all pretty like a christmas tree. They had these photographers there with bicycle lights atatched to the side of their flashes (like those cheap Blackpool lighters), We decided I should get one.

This morning we headed back over to Hong Kong island and up to Causeway Bay. Found a great hostel, 11/12 quid a night each, but we reckon we can get that down to tenner each per night. It has internet access, when the yanks aren't hogging it and is near enough to everything, which is good.

We spent the rest of
The Second TempleThe Second TempleThe Second Temple

On Peng Chau, another temple, they have a few dotted about.
the day on Victoria park, which which again is really just a park. We did see a Parakeet (SP?) throw a funny runnerbean looking thing (but it grew from a tree unlike a runnerbean) right onto a cats face. It ran away, like Forrest Gump, apart from that we've just had a chilled out day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Leanne on Peng Chau BeachLeanne on Peng Chau Beach
Leanne on Peng Chau Beach

The white building across the water with red roof is Disneyland on Lantau island.
Peng ChauPeng Chau
Peng Chau

Most of the island was like this.
Everyday Peng Chau Everyday Peng Chau
Everyday Peng Chau

They all seem to dry their clothes outside here.
Peng Chau centre.Peng Chau centre.
Peng Chau centre.

This is like the capital of Peng Chau, with a school a shop and other stuff.
The 'Sweat' drink.The 'Sweat' drink.
The 'Sweat' drink.

It wasn't from a sweatshop though, so that's okay.
Peng Chau couple shotPeng Chau couple shot
Peng Chau couple shot

Tri-pod and selftimers are really useful when there's nobody even remotely nearby to help take your photo.
View of Peng Chau harbourView of Peng Chau harbour
View of Peng Chau harbour

just to prove the couple shot wasn't a painted background, which it looks like.
View from the peak 1View from the peak 1
View from the peak 1

this is the view from the peak.
SkylineSkyline
Skyline

Even the manky looking skyscrapers look quite idyllic here.
KowloonKowloon
Kowloon

To be honest, most of Kowloon (especially Tsim Sha Tsui)looks like this,it is full of signs, neon letters that are just everywhere.
Chunking mansionsChunking mansions
Chunking mansions

this the building next to the one we originally stayed in, its supposed to be the world's biggest outdoor advert, but doubtful.
Red Junk BoatRed Junk Boat
Red Junk Boat

This is by Hong Kong harbour but away from Causeway Bay, it's this area that has little boats on, like Tonka junk boats.
MarijuanaMarijuana
Marijuana

The sign was a bit misleading, in reality it took us to a clothes shop with same name. gutted.
The ParakeetThe Parakeet
The Parakeet

I've probably spelt it wrong, but one of those things.
Victoria parkVictoria park
Victoria park

The pond designed for racing boats.


18th February 2007

MUM
JUST PRINTING BLOG FOR YOUR MUM AND KAT. SOUNDS ABSOLUTLY WONDERFUL.TAKE CARE BOTH OF YOU.LOADS OF LOVE. MARG AND ASH XXXX

Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb