Yummy!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
June 23rd 2005
Published: June 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

yummy!yummy!yummy!

the little shop front kitchen
What do you do once unpacked and settled in shopping paradise? Well actually we rested and took it easy for a while and didn’t venture out till dinner time. Just watched T.V. and even had a bit of a nap, this was to be the pace of this trip really, instead of a mad rush to see everything and go everywhere we decided to do whatever we fancied at the time. So having rested we got a bit hungry and ventured out into the night and headed straight to the Temple Market. Comfort House turned out to be well located for our needs (even though I think they ripped us off on the pricing giving us the excuse that it was labor week-end and everything would be booked out with a large influx of Chinese tourist, in fact I hardly saw anybody else in that place!)

Temple market is just like any open market in this part of the world, it did seem to go on forever though. We weren't interested in shopping just yet, mainly cos we were hungry. The street running parallel to Temple street had a lot of restaurants and we settled for that looked inviting and homey. In the smaller restaurants we ate at people were always friendly and accommodating. They had a menu in English but we ended doing a bit of pointing at what other customers were eating. We were starving and of course we ordered too much food. Sweet and sour ribs, rock oyster omelette and a plate of fried rice. In the end we had to take the rice home. I’d forgotten what sweet and sour should really taste like, it was soooo good! Oddly the last time I had a decent sweet and sour dish was in London! After dinner we wandered round a bit and dropped into one of the many cosmetics shops (first of many to come!) in the area where Bren’s came away with a couple of branded perfumes at just over half the price in B’kok.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb