'Backpacking' with Shea.


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
March 10th 2010
Published: March 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It's been a long time since I've blogged, have travelled many destinations since then and it's time to get blogging again. This time Brens is in Uganda doing her thing and my daughter is old enough to accompany me on these 'adventures' which will seem pretty tame by some of the other blogs on this site. In anycase a new chapter begins. Shea's been to a few destinations S'pore being her favorite so far, but this time she's going to do it daddy's way, i.e. on a budget! I suggested Angkor Wat to her and she said "What's that?" So I told her to do some research and she did and so here we are.
Did my internet research, often with Shea by my side helping to choose the hotel and looking at possibilities and even how long to spend in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.
Last week we dropped by the Cambodian Embassy to pick up our visas, took about 20 min and cost us each 1,100 Baht each. We than headed to the bus station to buy our tickets.
So here's the plan, 16th March 3:30AM board the bus that will take us to Aranyapatet, grab a taxi/tuk tuk to the border, grab some breakfast, cross the border to Poi Pet. Look for our pre arranged taxi driver booked through the hotel in Seam Reap. Hop on, and off to Seam Reap.
Should arrive around lunch time, check into the hotel, have lunch, a rest, a dip in the pool. Arrange Angkor Wat (and maybe Tonle Sap)sightseeing with the help of the hotel, wander around, have dinner and if all goes well, we should start exploring Angkor bright and early the next morning. Also arrange for bus to Phnom Penh leaving on 19th AM. There, we will be staying with Bren's friend River and her family. Spend 2 days there and back in B'kk via AirAsia on the 23rd. Let's see how things really unfold! I'll be snapping memories with my Olympus SP590-UZ ans Shea with Bren's Olympus Mju 820.

Advertisement



14th March 2010

-
555 why is the title ''backpacking with shea'' it could be ''our backpacking trip'' -_- ^_^
17th March 2010

Shea
Hi Shea.....how exciting, eh? I hope you take lots of photos then get them all downloaded into your laptop when you get back so I can see them when I see you next. Take good care of you and daddy....always stay by his side and make sure you are aware of all that is around you ok? Have a good time. Lots of Love, Aunty JoyXXXXXXXXX

Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb