First night


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
June 1st 2005
Published: June 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Beauty in the windowBeauty in the windowBeauty in the window

the view into our room at Comfort Lounge
Making our way to the guest house (Comfort House) that we’d booked via email we got lost a couple of times, lugging our luggage around. I was relying on my 10 year old memory of the place and despite asking for directions still managed to get lost a few times. Brens showed remarkable tolerance, she was tired and starting to get annoyed probably but kept her cool and soldiered on. Perhaps being in H.K. had something to do with it. It’s vibrant (a word I’ll be using often) and exciting. It’s a place that busying around is the natural thing to do even if you’re busy getting lost! And get lost we did, often, though most folks in H.K. speak English and asking for directions is easy, the place itself is pretty congested and it’s easy to get lost again. For me, that’s fine. Always something interesting around the corner! Hence the ‘getting lost’ bit. I don’t think Brens shares my enthusiasm for getting lost but I feel she appreciates the situation, when it happens in a good way of course! Like the time we found Jollie Bee, that was good.


Comfort House turns out to be a neat place tucked away off a side street with ABSOLUTELY NO SIGNS! Even the guard at the guard house didn’t know it! We were there, I was sure but no one had even heard of the place! Luckily a resident in the building had a hunch and led us to an apartment that turned out to be the office. There wasn’t a sign there either. Haha, must be funny to someone!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

the roomthe room
the room

small but clean and well furnished


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0873s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb