Day 1- GOBI. An adventure of a life time.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Gansu » Lanzhou
April 4th 2014
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.0757, 103.679

This was a trip that my husband organized so I just went along so it was to be one of those trips that we really had no what was going to happen.

There was 14 of us. Men, Women and children.
First we flew from Nanjing and arrived in Lanzhou at 19:10. We were picked up at the airport and transported by bus to the railway station which was to be a 1 and a half hours drive and we were to catch the overnight train.
It left at 22:00 and arrived in Jiayuguan at 6am.
The flight was slightly delayed. The bus was trying its best to catch up the time we had lost. We arrived with about 15 minuted to get through the crowds, enter the train station, find our train and then jump on. If we missed this train we would be stuck at the station for the night.
We ran to the front of the huge lines and said tried our best to explain that our train was about to leave. I thing they were all s shocked to see so many westerners all in one place they just stood there and let us pass.
We made it with about 5 minutes to spare.
We had the soft sleepers which where two bunk beds in a private room for 4 people.
We had a little table and very soon it became full of cheese, salami, wine, bread and sweets. We had a very enjoyable evening and the kids had a blast.
So far on the first day we drove by car to the airport, then by Airplane, Bus and finally the Train. Not bad for the first day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb