Day 2- GOBI. An adventure of a life time.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Gansu » Lanzhou
April 5th 2014
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.0757, 103.679

We woke up still on the train and it was dark.
We gathered all of our belonging and off we went to find our tour guide.
Another bus and off we went for breakfast. Noodles, baozi, soup and tea. Perfect.
Back on the bus and off to Jiayuguan Pass.
Jiayuguan Pass is the first pass at the west end of the Great Wall of China.
The day was a little overcast but the Wall is amazing.
It is hard to believe that people actually lived within these walls.
Life would have been very difficult.
There where so many camels and the kids also did some archery.
Back on the bus and we went into the city for lunch. We walked around in search of food. Some of us ordered chicken. Yes the whole chicken arrived. Yes it was cooked and cut up into small enough pieces so we could pick them up with chopsticks BUT it also included the head and the feet. It was good.
Back on the bus to Dunhaung City about 400km away.
The kids watched a movie. Some of the adults fell asleep but I was too busy looking outside of the window. There were so many burials along the way and I would see a random person walking along the side of the road.
I have no idea where he was going. We were in the middle of no where?
Then the wind turbines started. They where everywhere. They just kept going on and on. It was a little odd to see all of this modern technology in the desert.
This area was famous for its water mellon and they were selling them along the side of the road when we entered a small village.
We arrived in Dunhaung as the sun was going down. We walked the streets in search of food and to explore the streets. There where lots of little shops in the middle of the main walking street that sold jewelry, and very odd food on sticks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb