Ni Hao From Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
November 12th 2006
Published: November 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Great WallThe Great WallThe Great Wall

Part of the route of the great wall that we climbed.
That's 'Hello' in Chinese. We've also learned to say Dway bo shi which is excuse me/sorry and xie xie which means thankyou. Given that's the extent of our Chinese we've also become really good at pointing at stuff we want.

We've been in Beijing for 3 days now and it's very different to Shanghai. It's much colder for a start. We climbed the Great Wall yesterday - 10 km hike up and down the wall - took 4 hours!! Our legs are sore today but it was worth it. It's the only way to really appreciate how amazing a feat of engeneering it is. We went to the Summer Palace today - very beautiful and we are going to see a Shaolin monk Kung Fu show tonight. Tomorrow we go to the forbidden city and Tianamen square.

We're loving Chinese food. As there are 13 of us in the group incl the tour leader we have been having a veritable feast every night for under 2 pounds each including beer!!! Our group is really nice and we think it'll be a fun trip. It's a mixed bag of brits and Aussies and couples and singles so a good dynamic.
The Great Wall - Part 2The Great Wall - Part 2The Great Wall - Part 2

As you can see, there are precarious parts of the great wall...care needed to be taken when climbing...


We'll post a blog again from X'ian where we're headed tomorrow. Will also try and post some photos - particularly of the great Wall.

Hope you're all well. Till next time...

Nikeeta and Rahim








Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Great Wall - Taking a BreakThe Great Wall - Taking a Break
The Great Wall - Taking a Break

Us taking a "well deserved" rest :)
A Taste of the Night Market - BeijingA Taste of the Night Market - Beijing
A Taste of the Night Market - Beijing

Some of the many appetising items available at the night market in Beijingļ¼


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb