Day 16 Arrive in Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Tian'anmen
November 7th 2014
Published: November 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi Followers,



We stepped off the overnight sleeper train at 11.40am, arriving in Beijing!! As we were at the train station we queued up to book out overnight train to Shanghai for monday (12 hours: £61 each). By the time we got off the metro and found our hostel it was 2.30pm. We asked two Chinese girls who didn't speak English where our hostel was, so they kindly started google mapping it for us, when i looked up and realised we were standing right under the Leo Hostel sign-a little embarrassing-Neil knew it was around the area we just couldn't see for looking...



We wanted to book the Great Wall of China up as soon as we arrived, as there weren't enough people signed up to the section of the Great Wall we wanted to go to (Simatai or Jinshanling) so we emailed an online site about an a tour online to Badaling.



We then dropped our bags off and headed straight to Tiananmen square. We took ages trying to cross the road as it was barred off, but eventually found how. Afterwards we came back to the hostel, it was about 5.30pm and the weather had dropped-nowhere near as cold as Ulaanbaatar but I still needed to double hoody and coat it up.



Our hostel bar is busy with cheap beer (Tsingtao £1.10).

About 7.30pm we caught the subway to the night food market with the specialist tourist food on a stick: scorpion, snake, centipede, lizard..... and so on. Anything creepy crawly you can think of, it would have been there on a stick. We had both tried various crap on a stick before so we gave it a miss this time 😊 By the time we got back to the hostel we were knackered, and we had a 7am pick the next morning. So we had a much needed shower and went to bed.



P.S Neil really needs a hair cut and still hasn't shaved since we left England..... urn



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb