Day 17 The Great Wall of China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Great Wall of China
November 8th 2014
Published: November 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello all! Our pick up was at 7am for the Great wall at the Badaling section. We booked it online as our hostel dint have enough people to go on the tours to the better/less tourist sections of the Great Wall. But for £14 each we got an 11 hour tour including:

transport, we had a group of 13, some English and American mainly-reall interesting to talk to. They were all a bit older and all joining Sapphire Princess in a few days.

Ming Tombs, interesting history of the early Ming dynasty of China.

Jade showroom, I really wanted to buy a ring but it was too expensive at >£100. Neil bought a Buddha rubbing stone.

Silk warehouse, we were very tempted to buy a gorgeous set of silk sheets including a silk duvet but the shipping was too expensive.... just generally too undecided...

Lunch, really good, we also got to chat to our group a little more.

Great wall for two hours, it was packed with tourists but we expected this with going to this section of the wall! We still managed to take some good photos and the wall is still amazing there.

Bargain.



Arriving back to our hostel area, we had a decent cheap meal at a little back street restaurant that a lot of locals were eating in. We had some chicken, potatoes and egg fried rice and two beers for £8, the waitress tried charging us £11 but weren't going to be ripped off of £2!!! Not bad.(Neil is now a chop sticks expert...or so he thinks)



Bye for now Love V&N xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 62, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb