Day 15 Train from Ulaanbaatar to Beijing.


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia » Ulaanbaatar
November 6th 2014
Published: November 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So we woke early for our 7.15am train to Beijing, as Vicky and I headed back earlier the rest of the group stayed out, what a mess they were in the morning.

Tom looked like the walking dead and Katie and Jo’s alarm only went off at 6.20am with a 6.30am pick up. Thankfully we all made it to the train station in time and made it onboard. We lost Martina thanks to the Chinese government miss informing her about getting a Chinese visa so she was having a few extra days in Ulaanbaatar (very jealous). Once on the train we tried to sleep but had these crazy Chinese/Mongolian porters trying to move us from our room and took our tickets from us so it was bedlam, finally they stopped harassing us and we managed to get some shuteye.



Once awake (couple of hours nap) we sat in the carriage admiring the landscape and working out our plans for China. (Lunch was again our staple of noodles)



We arrived in Zamyn-Uud on the Mongolian side and had an hour to wait as we had the customs officials stamp the passports, and move us out of Mongolia and into China!! This side they then changed the Bogies on the train, this is the under carriage body as the rails in Russia and Mongolia are different to the Chinese ones. This meant we had around 5 hours hanging around the border in total getting all the passport stamps and cabins being inspected (like crew rounds on ship). But finally we started our last part of the journey to Beijing.



In the evening we had our standard dinner of noodles (sick of them nearly) then watched spooks with everyone and then headed to sleep, everyone excited for tomorrow.



That’s all for now- a boring day on the train so not as exciting as normal.

Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb