June 4


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
June 4th 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

6-4
They work half day on Fri. in the clinic. Malcolm worked with Dr. God and I kind of followed the Powells to know some of the pediatrics issues. Saw Happy again. We sent her to a referral hospital for a bx. They didn’t do one but tested her for HIV. She was positive. They didn’t biopsy the neck mass but just said it was chronic lymphadenopathy from HIV. She can go to the government hospital and be treated for free but they can’t afford the transport costs so she won’t be treated.
Saw another child with tinea capitus and a chunk cut out of the bottom of her foot. We soaked her in Hibiclens for the time it took to wait for lab then bandaged it. We can’t do shots here as the immunizations are free at specific clinics and this one hasn’t been approved. So I couldn’t give her a tetnus. It was slow at the clinic. Went to the outdoor market they have on Fri. right out of the compound. They sell things they get from Goodwill, etc. There were selling used socks, underwear and bras. We did buy some material there. They also sold plastic things made in China and hand made soap. Dinner was the usual. Dana and I shared a bottle of red wine and the others had their usual amount of beer etc.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb