Mozambique on short notice Day 12. Zavora to Maputo


Advertisement
Mozambique's flag
Africa » Mozambique » Southern
April 7th 2012
Published: April 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Maputo sonder helmetMaputo sonder helmetMaputo sonder helmet

Die gevoel van vryheid is vreeslik lekker as die wind so om jou kop zoem en jy alles haar wat om jou aangaan.
Day 11 – Last planned day in Mozambique.

The idea was to get into Swaziland and find a place to camp. We had a lot of road to cover and little time for sightseeing.

As we got closer to Maputo I started to realise that this plan was not a good one at all. Why not stay another night in Maputo instead of rushing to get out. Tommie had the same thoughts and agreement on the new plan was instant.

The most interesting part of the trip was driving from the outskirts to the inner city of Maputo. It is something which you have to experience at least once, especially on a motorbike during peak traffic.

I want to get one of those helmet mounted cameras for future trips. (worth capturing)



We soon found a back-packers in the city centre called “Base Backpackers”. Clean and friendly place and we shared a dorm with some other guys.

We could not wait to go driving through Maputo without helmets and therefore skipped the shower and shave part, but rather dropped out luggage off and jumped back on the bikes. We went to the tourist
Sonder helmet Sonder helmet Sonder helmet

Dis so lekker dat ons twee fotos plaas. Nou hoor ek al die kritiek en hoe gevaarlik dit is. My antwoord: Ek stel nie ander mense se lewens in gevaar soos dronk of onverskillige bestuurders nie:-)
market down at the harbour and wanted to leave 5 minutes after arriving. The people there believe in direct marketing and that a potential buyer will buy if you keep on pestering him.

At Zavora someone told us that you have not been in Mozambique if you have not had per-peri or Portuguese chicken. We made our way to the yacht club via the waterfront road, having a bear on the pavement and buying a cheap expensive cellphone. At the yacht club we had our last Dos-M and ordered the famous chicken. The chicken was worth every cent.



We went to bed that night, content and happy that we stayed another night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Lekker plek vir kontakteLekker plek vir kontakte
Lekker plek vir kontakte

As jy hier gaan sit en toelaat dat die smouse jou bietjie pla kan jy goeie kontakte opbou. Dis mooi en interressant.
Die kar was glo in 'n fliekDie kar was glo in 'n fliek
Die kar was glo in 'n fliek

Toe ons by die backpackers inkom is dit die gesig wat ons begroet. Na hulle ons 'n kaart van die stad gegee het waarop aangdui was dat ons in 'n "no-go zone" bly, het ons eers gesukkel om te slaap:-)
Maputo verkeerMaputo verkeer
Maputo verkeer

Dis pret. Wees versigtig, gedulding en geniet dit.
Drank is oral te koop.Drank is oral te koop.
Drank is oral te koop.

'n Eiskoue bier op die sypaadjie na 'n warm dag.
Die boot klubDie boot klub
Die boot klub

Hier het ons die Porugese hoender opgesmul.
Goeie nag MaputoGoeie nag Maputo
Goeie nag Maputo

Ons laaste aand in Mosambiek.


19th May 2012

Last day in Moz.
It was sad to leave Moz.We had such a "great trip".Thanks Izak for being a great fellow traveller. Thanks for all the advice especially about African negotiations!

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb