Mozambique on short notice Day 13. Maputo to Sodwana


Advertisement
Swaziland's flag
Africa » Swaziland
April 8th 2012
Published: April 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day12 – Leaving Mozambique is in a certain sense the end of our trip.

We left Maputo early and looked for a filling station on our way out. A Policeman noticed that we look a little lost, came driving to us across an intersection with his motorcycle and told us to follow him. We crossed a red robot and on the way he shouted at some taxis who were apparently misbehaving. Finally he pointed us to the entrance of the filling station and waved good-bye.

Man, I like driving a bike!

Once again we did not have many experiences along the way and I contribute it to the fact that mentally our holiday was over. We also tried to cover longer distances and therefore stopped less.

The crossing at the Swazi border (Goba / Mhlumeni Border post) was a breeze on both sides.

The road to and from the border post is a pleasure, with a lot of turns. There are many trucks using the road as the shortest route between the Natal north coast and Maputo harbour. We came across one accident where a truck overturned and heard that it was the second accident of
Lorrie le n bietjieLorrie le n bietjieLorrie le n bietjie

Die pad het baie draaie.
the day. My advice, steer clear of trucks around the corners, I just don’t know how.

We drove through Swaziland, pleasantly taking note of the good road condition. The Swazi S.A. border was also a formality without nasty surprises and suddenly we were back in home country.

We took the short road to Sodwana driving on the P447 from Jozini. Part of this road is gravel and not so pleasent, but if you deflate the tyres it makes a big difference.

The Jozini or PongolaPoort dam was beautiful and turning off to the dam wall for a break made for a good rest.

We arrived at the place of Dawie and Pieter, the fishermen we met at Inhassoro, with Rainier and his wife welcoming us. It was such a nice place to stay.There is a pool, fully fitted kitchen, washing machine braai etc. This is comfort but all in bush style. We washed our clothes and after having something to eat, we chatted until late that evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Bagasie val afBagasie val af
Bagasie val af

Na ek my baadjie uitgetrek en op my slaapsak vasgemaak het was dit nie vas genoeg vir die grondpad se geskud nie. Die slaapsak se sak het 'n gat ingesmelt agter die uitlaatpyp en my baadjie was vol stof.


Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb