Arrival to Tangier


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Tangier-Tétouan
October 20th 2022
Published: October 21st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Today we headed out at 9 to get a grand taxi to Souk ElArbaa, so that we could get our train to Tangier. We left lots of time, in case it took awhile for the taxi to leave, but it ended up leaving pretty quickly, so we had time to kill at the train station, and then the train was 40 min late, so even more time.
This time, it was just 1 straight train, so we settled in for the ride.
Once we got to Tangier, the host for the Airbnb that Monica booked picked us up and took us to the apartment, which was pretty close by.
The apartment is beautiful- on the 7th floor, with a view of the beach. 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, living area, kitchen. There's a washing machine, so we stuck in a load of laundry to wash while we went to get something to eat.
We split a pizza (there are good, inexpensive thin crust pizzas everywhere here), and then stocked up on a few things at Carrefour. Then we found a store that has wine, and bought a few half size bottles to do a Moroccan wine testing. After we put everything away, we headed out for a long walk.
There's a promenade along the water that goes on forever, so we walked along that until it was dark. Lots of people out walking, it was great.
Once we got back, we did a wine sampling, and took advantage of the 2 bathtubs by having bath night, but unfortunately their hot water tank wasn't up to the challenge.
I caught up with the boys for awhile on a whatsapp video call and did some reading before calling it a night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb