Out and About in Tangier


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco » Tangier-Tétouan » Tangier
October 21st 2022
Published: October 24th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We decided to do the hop on, hop off bus today. It's 13 euro, and there are 2 routes that are both included.
Fiest we headed to Hercules Csves. That route only goes every couple of hours. There are a few stops, but really unless there's some place that you want to stsy for 2 hours, you just stay on board. It gave a nice overview to the city though, and stopped for 5 min at Cap Sparta, where the atñantic meets the mediterranean, and then 15 min at the caves.
We had decided we didn't want to have to spend over 2 hours at the caves, so we quickly headed down. It wasn't well signed, so we weren't sire exactly where to go. We took some steps down to the rocks, and then there was a trail that we were pretty sure wasn-t it, as it was a bit on the unsafe side, but we checked it out anyway. It ended up leading to a cave overlooking the ocean that smelled like pee.

We doubled back, but by then, our 15 mim were almost done. We found the correct entrance, but we just had a couple min left, so decided it wasn't worth the $5 entry fee as we wouldn't have any time and didn't want to stay for the next bus.

Once the first route finished, we decided to hop on the bus that did the next route. We just took it up into the old city, and then hopped off to venture around for awhile. We eventually found our way out to the walkway along the top of the cliffs, overlooking the oceanside promenade that we had walked on last night.
By now, I was hungry, so we stopped at a little restaurants with a view. I ordered a cheese panini- when they brought it, ir had chicken. I sent it back, and they brought me another, which was slathered with an orange mayo type of spread, and unmelted cheese. It was awful, and my stomach was unhappy the rest of the afternoon.
We headed out, and walked around a bit more, and then found a stop for the hop on bus, and rode it for the rest of the loop until the stop that was near our apartment.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb