Moulay Bousselham- last day


Advertisement
Morocco's flag
Africa » Morocco
October 19th 2022
Published: October 21st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Our lazy days in the quiet fishing town of Moulay Bousselham have come to an end. There wasn't a lot to do there (they are known for a big lagoon that has pink flamingos, which we visited by boat, and found underwhelming), but the beach is lovely, stretching on and on, perfect for walks. The town is set up high, with a sand dune running down to the beach, and several long sets of steps to access it (112 steps). We took advantage of the slower pace to have a few workouts, and I did the stairs, 10-11 times for a few days in a row. Unfortunately I didn't think to pack workout gear, so just exercised in my clothes.
The town has a strange unfinished look to it. Almost every street seems to have a few empty lots covered in broken tiles and garbage, as well as a few open areas that look like they might be designated as future parks, which are currently just dirt lots filled with garbage and broken tiles (I don't understand why there's so much broken tile everywhere). There are cows meandering around occasionally.
There's a very nice, newly constructed walkway next to a major roadway at the edge of town (not yet officially open, but they let people in to go for walks).
There are a few nice restaurants with beautiful view of the beach and sea, and prices are reasonable, so we haven't bothered to cook much. Last night, the neighbour invited us over for dinner, so we got to know him and his family. He has 2 adorable kids, 1 and 3, so we had fun with them.
Tomorrow we'll head out to Tangier.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb