Background: The lands that today comprise Croatia were part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire until the close of World War I. In 1918, the Croats, Serbs, and Slovenes formed a kingdom known after 1929 as Yugoslavia. Following World War II, Yugoslavia became a federal independent Communist state under the strong hand of Marshal TITO. Although Croatia declared its independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, it took four years of sporadic, but often bitter, fighting before occupying Serb armies were mostly cleared from Croatian lands. Under UN supervision, the last Serb-held enclave in eastern Slavonia was returned to Croatia in 1998.
Photos from Pag
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Pag
Latest Blogs from Pag
- August 25th 2012 La isla de Pag
by Words: 304 Photos: 8
- June 21st 2009 A port in the storm
by Words: 277 Photos: 2
- July 13th 2008 Croatian beaches, hmmm...
by Words: 630 Photos: 0
- September 8th 2007 Pag
by Words: 125 Photos: 4
- October 16th 2006 finally a catch up on tour
by Words: 1487 Photos: 6
- September 22nd 2006 Cruising Croatia
by Words: 266 Photos: 0
- May 28th 2006 bok from Pag otok Pag!
by Words: 1258 Photos: 6