Background: El Salvador achieved independence from Spain in 1821 and from the Central American Federation in 1839. A 12-year civil war, which cost about 75,000 lives, was brought to a close in 1992 when the government and leftist rebels signed a treaty that provided for military and political reforms.
Blogs from La Libertad
Latest Blogs from La Libertad
- December 16th 2010 dont Blog us down- El Salvador
by Words: 843 Photos: 7
- November 17th 2010 moved blog
by Words: 8 Photos: 0
- August 15th 2010 El Salvador is wacky.
by Words: 396 Photos: 6
- August 6th 2010 Hillcrest Baptist Church Day in El Salvador
by Words: 662 Photos: 11
- July 18th 2009 Antigua to La Libertad, El Salvador
by Words: 710 Photos: 13
- April 6th 2009 El Salvador
by Words: 349 Photos: 7
- March 3rd 2009 La Pastora, Mexico to La Libertad, El Salvador
by Words: 525 Photos: 37
- February 23rd 2009 Fantastiske El Salvador!!
by Words: 1735 Photos: 16
- December 31st 2008 New Year's Eve & El Salvador
by Words: 802 Photos: 4
- December 17th 2008 El Salvador
by Words: 354 Photos: 2
- October 27th 2008 Back in the USA
by Words: 154 Photos: 0
- October 25th 2008 Relaxing at Pacific Paradise
by Words: 66 Photos: 6
- October 14th 2008 King of the waves!
by Words: 903 Photos: 0
- July 13th 2008 Kiara's first trip to El Salvador
by Words: 141 Photos: 87
- December 16th 2007 Dance in a SKA mosh pit at a surf camp party in El Salvador - check!
by Words: 433 Photos: 11
- November 27th 2007 Getting My Ass-Kicked
by Words: 639 Photos: 5
- November 8th 2007 Beaches
by Words: 335 Photos: 8
- October 1st 2007 Blazing Cow !
by Words: 384 Photos: 16
- October 1st 2007 17th - 30th Sept Going To El Salvador (Don't Know Why & I Don't Know What For)
by Words: 1354 Photos: 14
- August 8th 2007 Three Point Stop in El Salvador
by Words: 1588 Photos: 12